Monday, January 16, 2012

2011 In Review

   A new year has begun. Traditionally, this is the time to reflect on the good times of last year and the promise of the year to come. However, no one ever said I was traditional so I can safely say that 2011 was a pretty . . . eventful year (I'm unsure how it falls on my shitfest to fucking-awesome meter). In no particular order, I . . .

1. Lost my best friend (in the she acted all bitchy and I stopped being friends with her, not the 'passed away kind of lost)
2. Got my first kiss (at eighteen. Don't judge me)
3. Graduated high school.
4. My wrecked car was fixed and returned to me.
5. Got a 4.0 GPA for my first semester of college. (Totally bragging right now)
6. Got myself a job.
7. Accidentally cut myself a lot at said job
8. Decided "what I want to do when I grow up"
9. Saw the Lion King in 3D!
10. Joined a writer's workshop and produced some of my best short stories there.

   You know, I initially looked on the past year with some major pessimism (number 1 was kinda traumatic) but most of those things are good things. Even the things I didn't include because I thing ten is the perfect list number. Good to know that my brain is doing a good job of repressing bad memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment